- make or become straight；make tidy or put in order again
verb: straighten, 3rd person present: straightens, gerund or present participle: straightening, past tense: straightened, past participle: straightened
- 1. make or become straight she helped him straighten his tie where the river straightened he took his chance to check the barometer 同義詞
- ▪ make tidy or put in order again he sat down at his desk, straightening his things that Lee had moved they are asking for help in straightening out their lives 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ stand or sit erect after bending he straightened up, using the bedside table for support 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a vehicle, ship, or aircraft) stop turning and move in a straight line.
- make or become straight: she helped him straighten his tie here the road straightens and its verges widen