- extending or moving uniformly in one direction only; without a curve or bend；(of hair) not curly or wavy.
- in a straight line; directly；with no delay or diversion; directly or immediately
- a part of something that is not curved or bent, especially a section of a racetrack；a form or position that is not curved or bent
noun: straight, plural noun: straights
- 1. extending or moving uniformly in one direction only; without a curve or bend a long, straight road 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of hair) not curly or wavy.
- ▪ (of a garment) not flared or fitted closely to the body a straight skirt
- ▪ (of an aim, blow, or course) going direct to the intended target a straight punch to the face 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a line) lying on the shortest path between any two of its points.
- ▪ (of an arch) flat-topped.
- 2. properly positioned so as to be level, upright, or symmetrical he made sure his tie was straight 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ in proper order or condition it'll take a long time to get the place straight 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. not evasive; honest a straight answer thank you for being straight with me 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ simple; straightforward a straight choice between nuclear power and penury
- ▪ (of a look) bold and steady he gave her a straight, no-nonsense look
- ▪ (of thinking) clear, logical, and unemotional. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ not addicted to drugs.
- 4. in continuous succession he scored his fourth straight win 同義詞
- ▪ supporting all the principles and candidates of one political party he generally voted a straight ticket
- 5. (of an alcoholic drink) undiluted; neat straight brandy 同義詞 反義詞
- 6. (especially of drama) serious as opposed to comic or musical; employing the conventional techniques of its art form a straight play
- 7. informal (of a person) conventional or respectable she looked pretty straight in her school clothes 同義詞
- ▪ heterosexual.
- 1. in a straight line; directly he was gazing straight at her keep straight on 同義詞
- ▪ with no delay or diversion; directly or immediately after dinner we went straight back to our hotel I fell into bed and went straight to sleep 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ archaic at once; immediately I'll fetch up the bath to you straight 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. in or into a level, even, or upright position he pulled his clothes straight sit up straight!
- 3. correctly; clearly I'm so tired I can hardly think straight 同義詞
- ▪ honestly and directly; in a straightforward manner I told her straight—the kid's right 同義詞
- 4. without a break; continuously he remembered working sixteen hours straight
- 1. a part of something that is not curved or bent, especially a section of a racetrack he pulled away in the straight to win by half a second
- ▪ archaic a form or position that is not curved or bent the rod flew back to the straight
- 2. (in poker) a continuous sequence of five cards.
- 3. informal a conventional person.
- ▪ a heterosexual person.
- truthfully; honestly
- honest and trustworthy: you sounded like a straight-up guy
- unmixed; unadulterated
Oxford American Dictionary
- an internal combustion engine with eight cylinders in line.
- completely straight: the roads are empty and arrow-straight
- directly: an index leads you arrow-straight to documents of interest
- the straight final stretch of a racecourse: he dominated the race in the home straight
- containing, characterized by, or relating to straight lines or motion in a straight line: a straight-line graph the Porsche's straight-line stability
- an internal combustion engine with six cylinders in line.
- extending or moving uniformly in one direction only; without a curve or bend: a long, straight road
- in a straight line; directly: he was gazing straight at her keep straight on
- a part of something that is not curved or bent, especially a straight section of a racecourse: he pulled away in the straight to win by half a second
STRAIGHT可以分成很多種，其實要依據句子的使用來講~ 最普遍的就是STRAIGHT LINE的STRAIGHT。想必大家都了解這個STRAIGHT代表的是直線的直。 版主您的問題是I TAKE YOU STRAIGHT...
Straight back to the sea直接回到海洋中 salz in den augen(德文)=Salt in the eye(英文)眼中有鹽 straight back at me 直接回應到我身上, (通常指不好的事務)還治其身
straight是連續的意思, 那篇新聞講的是遊騎兵的Michael Young 有機會...票選參加明星賽, 新聞的標題是"Young hoping for seventh straight ASG" (Young有機會連續七次入選明星賽). 標題如果少˙...