- (of a person) showing signs of tiredness or nervous tension；(of an atmosphere, situation, or relationship) not relaxed or comfortable; tense or uneasy
- 1. (of a person) showing signs of tiredness or nervous tension Jean's pale, strained face 同義詞
- ▪ (of an atmosphere, situation, or relationship) not relaxed or comfortable; tense or uneasy there was a strained silence relations between the two countries were strained 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of an appearance or performance) produced by deliberate effort rather than natural impulse; artificial or forced I put on my strained smile for the next customer 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a statement or representation) labored or far-fetched my example may seem a little strained and artificial
- 2. (of a limb or muscle) injured by overexertion or twisting.
- 3. (of a mainly liquid substance) having been strained to separate out any solid matter.
版大您好， 在此，strain 的定義是品種。以下是 Yahoo 字典的定義： http://tw.dictionary.yahoo.com...strain2n. (名詞 noun)(人的)血緣,世系;種,族[C]She is of a noble strain.她出身名門。(動植物的)種,品種[C]This strain of wheat can grow during...
版主您好： "put a strain on..."是口語中非常普遍的用法，strain做為名詞，在這邊不能翻「束縛...a severe demand on or test of resources, feelings, a person, etc.: a strain on one's hospitality. 直接字譯就是對某些事物（物資、資源）帶來重大考驗...
the transmission of drug-resistant strains of the virus 抗藥性類型病毒的傳染 歐巴桑我的碎碎唸...喔 ~^_^~ 2007-10-31 13:32:34 補充： 同樣的病毒, 會有不同strain(類型), 通常稱為"株" 例如: Avian Flu...