過去式：stressed 過去分詞：stressed 現在分詞：stressing
- 1. 壓力；緊張；壓迫[U][C][（+on）] Susan was completely weighed down by the stress of examinations. 蘇珊被考試的壓力壓垮了。
- 2. 著重；重要性[U][（+on）] She lay great stress on proper behavior. 她很強調行為端正。
- 3. 【物】應力[U][C] Earth quakes can result from stresses in the earth's crust. 地殼內的應力可能引起地震。
- 4. 【語】重音；重讀[U][C][（+on）] In the word mother the stress is on the first syllable. 在mother這一字裡，重音在第一個音節上。
- 5. 【音】加強[U][C]
- 1. 強調，著重 The English teacher stressed the importance of reading aloud. 英語老師強調了朗讀的重要性。
- 2. 用重音讀 Stress the second syllable. 重讀第二個音節。
- 3. 加壓力於；使緊張 The weight of snow stressed the roof to the point of collapsing. 雪的重量壓得屋頂快要塌了。
Sentence stress Teach us how sentence stress changes the meaning of a... for emphasis.For example, I like the girl.1. If stress is on I, it emphasizes not anyone else like her.2...
Stresses usually come from something that you are having difficulty to handle or ...don’t know how to handle them correctly. I usually handle my stresses by doing something that I enjoy and will make me happy. The...
...than some stonier sites, where the vines were too "stressed". 譯文：像Rocca delle Maice 這樣黏土質地的葡萄園的收成比...