- a designer of fashionable styles of clothing；a hairdresser
noun: stylist, plural noun: stylists
- 1. a designer of fashionable styles of clothing a collection of 40s-inspired shapes from a leading stylist
- ▪ a hairdresser she had her hair done in a mass of curls by a stylist in Paris
- 2. a person whose job is to arrange and coordinate food, clothes, etc. in a stylish and attractive way in photographs or films.
- 3. a writer noted for taking great pains over their writing style the letter was written by a famous stylist
- ▪ (in sports or music) a person who performs with style stylist Pohan took the lead in the first round
- a designer of fashionable styles of clothing: a collection of 40s-inspired shapes from a leading stylist