- the action of making or agreeing to make an advance payment in order to receive or participate in something；an arrangement by which access is granted to an online service.
noun: subscription, plural noun: subscriptions
- 1. the action of making or agreeing to make an advance payment in order to receive or participate in something the newsletter is available only on subscription take out a one-year subscription 同義詞
- ▪ an arrangement by which access is granted to an online service.
- ▪ an advance payment made to receive or participate in something membership is available at an annual subscription of £300 同義詞
- ▪ British the contribution of money to a fund, project, or cause the school was built by public subscription in 1878
- ▪ a system in which the production of a book is wholly or partly financed by advance orders.
- 2. formal a signature or short piece of writing at the end of a document he signed the letter and added a subscription 同義詞
- ▪ archaic a signed declaration or agreement.
- an arrangement to receive something, typically a publication, regularly by paying in advance: make sure you get a copy every month by taking out a subscription the newsletter is available only on subscription