- draw into the mouth by contracting the muscles of the lip and mouth to make a partial vacuum；hold (something) in the mouth and draw at it by contracting the lip and cheek muscles
- an act of sucking something；the sound made by water retreating and drawing at something
verb: suck, 3rd person present: sucks, gerund or present participle: sucking, past tense: sucked, past participle: sucked
- 1. draw into the mouth by contracting the muscles of the lip and mouth to make a partial vacuum they suck mint juleps through straws 同義詞
- ▪ hold (something) in the mouth and draw at it by contracting the lip and cheek muscles she sucked a mint the child sucked on her thumb
- ▪ draw milk, juice, or other fluid from (something) into the mouth or by suction she sucked each segment of the orange carefully
- ▪ draw in a specified direction by creating a vacuum he was sucked under the surface of the river 同義詞
- ▪ (of a pump) make a gurgling sound as a result of drawing air.
- 2. involve (someone) in something without their choosing I didn't want to be sucked into the role of dutiful daughter 同義詞
- 3. North American informal be very bad, disagreeable, or disgusting I love your country, but the weather sucks 同義詞
- 1. an act of sucking something the fish draws the bait into its mouth with a strong suck
- ▪ the sound made by water retreating and drawing at something the soft suck of the sea against the sand
suck has a lot of meanings... suck (vi.) ( 不及物動詞 intransitive verb ) (vt.) ( 及物...吮吸力[聲];旋渦,(旋渦的)捲入 《例句》 a child at suck 乳兒 give suck to... 【古】給…吃奶 have [take] a suck...
suck的俚語用法是令人討厭、爛的， 請參考： 【俚】爛;令人討厭 This job sucks. I'm quitting. 這工作爛透了。我不想幹了。 This movie sucks...
Suck 這個字在美國用的很多, 它就是指很爛, 很差的意思. Suck 是一個動詞...上跟爛這個形容詞是不太一樣的, 例如你可以說, That traffic here really sucks! 就是說這裏的交通糟透了的意思. 有時也聽得到人家用 suck 的形容詞 sucky. 例如...