- put forward for consideration；cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case
verb: suggest, 3rd person present: suggests, gerund or present participle: suggesting, past tense: suggested, past participle: suggested
- 1. put forward for consideration:
I suggest that we wait a day or two
“Maybe you ought to get an expert,” she suggested
- 2. cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case:
finds of lead coffins suggested a cemetery north of the river
the temperature wasn't as tropical as the bright sunlight may have suggested
- 3. state or express indirectly:
are you suggesting that I should ignore her?
the seduction scenes suggest his guilt and her loneliness
- 4. evoke:
the theatrical interpretation of weather and water almost suggests El Greco
- 5. (of an idea) come into one's mind.
- v.put forward for consideration:
- I suggest that we wait a day or two
‘Maybe you ought to get an expert,’ she suggested
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
“suggest” 給別人一般的想法， “recommend...的選擇或選項是最好的， I suggest that you wear a nice suit for tonight'...all, what your adviser suggests, you might know it, you just didn't...
suggest比較客氣的建議別人 如果是propose就會較強勢些 1.suggest+ving ex.他建議去聽音樂會 He suggested...建議? What did you suggest to the manager. 4.suggest itself to....(想法)浮現在心中 ex.我想起一個主意...
解答如下 suggest的用法有以下兩種 suggest 的用法 1.suggest + that + S+ (should) + V→名詞子句(當受詞) 2.suggest + Ving 3.例如 I suggest that you (should) stay home. I suggest staying home. 4.類似的用法...