- put forward for consideration；cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case
verb: suggest, 3rd person present: suggests, gerund or present participle: suggesting, past tense: suggested, past participle: suggested
- 1. put forward for consideration I suggest that we wait a day or two “Maybe you ought to get an expert,” she suggested 同義詞
- ▪ cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case finds of lead coffins suggested a cemetery north of the river the temperature wasn't as tropical as the bright sunlight may have suggested 同義詞
- ▪ state or express indirectly are you suggesting that I should ignore her? the seduction scenes suggest his guilt and her loneliness
- ▪ evoke the theatrical interpretation of weather and water almost suggests El Greco 同義詞
- ▪ (of an idea) come into one's mind.
- put forward for consideration: I suggest that we wait a day or two ‘Maybe you ought to get an expert,’ she suggested