- put forward for consideration；cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case
verb: suggest, 3rd person present: suggests, gerund or present participle: suggesting, past tense: suggested, past participle: suggested
- 1. put forward for consideration I suggest that we wait a day or two “Maybe you ought to get an expert,” she suggested 同義詞 propose, put forward, submit, recommend, advocate, ... 更多
- ▪ cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case finds of lead coffins suggested a cemetery north of the river the temperature wasn't as tropical as the bright sunlight may have suggested 同義詞 indicate, lead to the belief, give the impression, give the idea, argue, ... 更多
- ▪ state or express indirectly are you suggesting that I should ignore her? the seduction scenes suggest his guilt and her loneliness
- ▪ evoke the theatrical interpretation of weather and water almost suggests El Greco 同義詞 convey, express, impart, imply, intimate, ... 更多
- ▪ (of an idea) come into one's mind.