- an idea or plan put forward for consideration；the action of suggesting something
noun: suggestion, plural noun: suggestions
- 1. an idea or plan put forward for consideration here are some suggestions for tackling the problem 同義詞
- ▪ the action of suggesting something at my suggestion, the museum held an exhibition of his work 同義詞
- 2. something that implies or indicates a certain fact or situation there is no suggestion that he was involved in any wrongdoing 同義詞
- ▪ a slight indication of something there was a suggestion of a smile on his lips 同義詞
- 3. the action of calling up an idea in someone's mind by associating it with other things the power of suggestion
- ▪ the action of influencing a person to accept an idea or belief uncritically, especially as a technique in hypnosis.
- ▪ an idea or belief accepted by a person as a result of suggestion.
- an idea or plan put forward for consideration.
Oxford American Dictionary