- the process of adding things together；a sum total of things added together
noun: summation, plural noun: summations
- 1. the process of adding things together the summation of numbers of small pieces of evidence
- ▪ a sum total of things added together their value is no mere summation of the values of their component parts
- 2. the process of summing something up these will need summation in a single document
- ▪ a summary two summations of his work were published
- ▪ an attorney's closing speech at the conclusion of the giving of evidence.
- the process of adding things together: the summation of numbers of small pieces of evidence