- an order to appear before a judge or magistrate, or the writ containing it；an authoritative or urgent call to someone to be present or to do something
- serve (someone) with a summons
verb: summons, 3rd person present: summonses, gerund or present participle: summonsing, past tense: summonsed, past participle: summonsed
noun: summons, plural noun: summonses
- 1. an order to appear before a judge or magistrate, or the writ containing it a summons for nonpayment of a parking ticket 同義詞
- ▪ an authoritative or urgent call to someone to be present or to do something they might receive a summons to fly to France next day
- 1. serve (someone) with a summons he has been summonsed to appear in court next month
- order (someone) to be present: a waiter was summoned
- authoritatively or urgently call on (someone) to be present, especially as a defendant or ... the Pope summoned Anselm to Rome
Oxford American Dictionary
- (in England and Wales) a writ by which an action is started in the High Court.
- an order to appear before a judge or magistrate, or the writ containing such an order: a summons for non-payment of a parking ticket
- serve (someone) with a summons: he has been summonsed to appear in court next month
I was summoned (or called upon) by the president yesterday, it was very honorable. It...很多說法囉 honorable也可以用別的字代替, 項 it was my pleasure to be summoned...
1. 祈使句~~尤其是講話時~~Summon the accused (刑事被告)!Summon the defendant...下面ㄅㄟThe defendant was arraigned/summoned. 被告被傳訊arraign(vt.)1. 【律】傳訊;提訊;控告[(+on...
召喚你與我在死亡世界的靈魂 To summon yours and my spirit in the deadly world. 或者 To summon yours...