- make (something needed or wanted) available to someone; provide；provide (someone) with something needed or wanted
- a stock of a resource from which a person or place can be provided with the necessary amount of that resource；the action of providing what is needed or wanted
verb: supply, 3rd person present: supplies, gerund or present participle: supplying, past tense: supplied, past participle: supplied
noun: supply, plural noun: supplies
- 1. make (something needed or wanted) available to someone; provide the farm supplies apples to cider makers 同義詞
- ▪ provide (someone) with something needed or wanted they struggled to supply the besieged island with aircraft 同義詞
- ▪ be adequate to satisfy (a requirement or demand) the two reservoirs supply about 1% of the city's needs 同義詞
- ▪ take over (a place or role left by someone else) when she died, no one could supply her place
- 1. a stock of a resource from which a person or place can be provided with the necessary amount of that resource there were fears that the drought would limit the exhibition's water supply 同義詞
- ▪ the action of providing what is needed or wanted the deal involved the supply of forty fighter aircraft 同義詞
- ▪ the amount of a good or service offered for sale.
- ▪ the provisions and equipment necessary for an army or for people engaged in a particular project or expedition.
- ▪ a grant of money by Parliament for the costs of government.
- ▪ a person acting as a temporary substitute for another.
- ▪ providing necessary goods and equipment a supply ship