- 認為；設想; 假定
過去式：supposed 過去分詞：supposed 現在分詞：supposing
- 1. 認為 getting a visa isn’t as simple as you might suppose 辦簽證不像你想的那麼容易 it was generally supposed that he had died 大家都以為他已經死了
- 2. 設想; 假定 let us suppose that this theory is correct 讓我們假設這個理論是正確的 the theory supposes the existence of life on other planets 這個理論假定其他行星上存在生命
- 3. 猜想 who do you suppose I saw yesterday? 你猜猜我昨天見著誰了？
1. think or assume that something is true or probable but lack proof or certain knowledge
2. used to make a suggestion or a hesitant admission
3. (of a theory or argument) assume or require that something is the case as a precondition
...我們(原本)是要去看電影的" 而 we were supposed to see a movie 是指 "我們原本應該要去看電影...其實兩者 were going to 及 were supposed to 用法很類似 交替著使用也是常有及允許的 ...
At 8 pm.I'm supposed to meet my firend at Starbucks. 為何前面...猜想,以為[Y][+(that)][O2][O8] I suppose he is still in town. 我想他還在城裡。 期望...
supposed在這裡的意思是〔應該，認為必須〕 be + supposed...被認為必須〕的意思 例︰ You're not supposed to eat in here. 你不應該在這裡吃東西。 ＝ you...引導的名詞子句的句型 Mice are supposed to be afraid of cats. = Mice ...