- forcibly put an end to；prevent the development, action, or expression of (a feeling, impulse, idea, etc.); restrain
verb: suppress, 3rd person present: suppresses, gerund or present participle: suppressing, past tense: suppressed, past participle: suppressed
- 1. forcibly put an end to the rising was savagely suppressed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent the development, action, or expression of (a feeling, impulse, idea, etc.); restrain she could not suppress a rising panic 同義詞
- ▪ prevent the dissemination of (information) the report had been suppressed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent or inhibit (a process or reaction) use of the drug suppressed the immune response
- ▪ partly or wholly eliminate (electrical interference).
- ▪ consciously inhibit (an unpleasant idea or memory) to avoid considering it.