- cease resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority；give up or hand over (a person, right, or possession), typically on compulsion or demand
- the action of surrendering.；the action of surrendering a life insurance policy.
verb: surrender, 3rd person present: surrenders, gerund or present participle: surrendering, past tense: surrendered, past participle: surrendered
noun: surrender, plural noun: surrenders
- 1. cease resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority over 140 rebels surrendered to the authorities 同義詞 capitulate, give in, give (oneself) up, yield, concede, ... 更多反義詞 resist, withstand
- ▪ give up or hand over (a person, right, or possession), typically on compulsion or demand in 1815 Denmark surrendered Norway to Sweden they refused to surrender their weapons 同義詞 give up, relinquish, renounce, forgo, forswear, ... 更多反義詞 seize
- ▪ (in a sports contest) lose (a point, game, or advantage) she surrendered only twenty games in her five qualifying matches
- ▪ abandon oneself entirely to (a powerful emotion or influence); give in to he was surprised that Miriam should surrender to this sort of jealousy he surrendered himself to the mood of the hills
- ▪ (of an insured person) cancel (a life insurance policy) and receive back a proportion of the premiums paid.
- 1. the action of surrendering. 同義詞 capitulation, submission, yielding, giving in, succumbing, ... 更多
- ▪ the action of surrendering a life insurance policy.