- 發誓；宣誓; 立
過去式：swore 過去分詞：sworn 現在分詞：swearing
- 1. 發誓 to swear (to sb./sth.) that .../to do ... （向某人／某物）發誓…／發誓做… I swear not to breathe a word to anyone 我發誓不會向任何人吐露一個字
- 2. 宣誓; 立 to swear (an oath of) allegiance to sb./sth. 立誓效忠某人／某物 to swear in a court of law that ... 在法庭上宣誓…
- 3. 使…宣誓 to be sworn to secrecy/silence/celibacy/chastity 發誓保守秘密／保持沉默／獨身／守貞 the new prime minister was sworn into office 新任首相已宣誓就職
- 4. 咒罵 'damn!' he swore “他媽的！”他罵道
- 1. 咒罵 I've never heard you swear before! 我以前從未聽到過你說髒話！ to swear in front of sb. 當著某人的面罵人
- 2. 發誓 I'll be there — do you swear? 我會到那兒──你保證嗎？
- 3. 宣誓 to swear on the Bible/one's honour (that ...) 以《聖經》的名義／以名譽起誓（…）
1. make a solemn statement or promise undertaking to do something or affirming that something is the case
2. use offensive language, especially as an expression of anger
... you vow to do something, you make a serious promise or decision that you will do it. swear只能當「動詞」用。 1. If someone swears, they use language that ...
個人覺得雖然意思是一樣ㄉ..但是在使用上ㄉ話... I swear 是比較口語ㄉ.....就是感覺上比較沒那麼嚴重 不過 cross my...自己希望自己吹牛或承諾可以被別人相信: ex A: I swear that i will never be late again.
Al had spent thirty years in the casino business, and some people swore he could spot cheats as soon as they walked in the door. 大概譯一下...