過去式：swore 過去分詞：sworn 現在分詞：swearing
- 1. 發誓；宣誓 They refused to swear on a Bible. 他們拒絕手按《聖經》發誓。
- 2. 詛咒；罵髒話[（+at）] What is the woman swearing at? 那女人在咒罵什麼？
- 1. 發（誓）；宣（誓） Before giving evidence you have to swear an oath. 在作證之前你得先發誓。
- 2. 發誓要；起誓保證[+to-v][+（that）] The witness swore to tell the truth. 證人起誓保證講真話。
- 3. 【口】斷言；保證說[W][Y][+（that）] He swore that he had never talked with the girl. 他發誓說，他從未與那個姑娘說過話。
- 4. 使宣誓[（+to）] You must swear him to silence. 你一定要他發誓保持沉默。
- 5. 使宣誓就任[H][（+in）] The new president will be sworn in January. 新總統將在一月份宣誓就職。
- 6. 宣誓對（罪行）作證 He swore treason against his friend. 他宣誓對他的朋友犯有叛國罪作證。
... you vow to do something, you make a serious promise or decision that you will do it. swear只能當「動詞」用。 1. If someone swears, they use language that ...
個人覺得雖然意思是一樣ㄉ..但是在使用上ㄉ話... I swear 是比較口語ㄉ.....就是感覺上比較沒那麼嚴重 不過 cross my...自己希望自己吹牛或承諾可以被別人相信: ex A: I swear that i will never be late again.
Al had spent thirty years in the casino business, and some people swore he could spot cheats as soon as they walked in the door. 大概譯一下...