- extending or performed in a long, continuous curve；wide in range or effect
- dirt or refuse collected by sweeping
- 1. extending or performed in a long, continuous curve sweeping, desolate moorlands a smooth sweeping motion 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. wide in range or effect we cannot recommend any sweeping alterations 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a statement) taking no account of particular cases or exceptions; too general a sweeping assertion 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. dirt or refuse collected by sweeping the sweepings from the house
- extending or performed in a long, continuous curve: sweeping, desolate moorlands a smooth sweeping motion
- dirt or refuse collected by sweeping: the sweepings from the house
Oxford American Dictionary
Q: 究竟 "sweeps period"是什麼意思? A: "Sweeps period...by starting on the East Coast and sweeping across the nation. The other refers to television...
在美語俗語/日常生活用語中，sweep(s)，經常代表［全面性地］。所以這句話在這個情形下的意義...反正個人總是透過自己的方法去解釋，能自圓其說最重要。既然 sweep 當然是名詞，大寫並不使之必然等於sweepstake。在這裡我解釋成...
the most sweeping recovery package in our history. >> 在我們歷史上最全面性的一整套復甦...spacious comprehensive far-reaching extensive expansive overall thorough e.g. a sweeping reforms 全面性改革 sweeping changes 全面性的改變 a sweeping...