- (of a person or the atmosphere at a particular time or place) be uncomfortably hot
- an uncomfortably hot atmosphere
noun: swelter, plural noun: swelters
verb: swelter, 3rd person present: swelters, gerund or present participle: sweltering, past tense: sweltered, past participle: sweltered
- 1. (of a person or the atmosphere at a particular time or place) be uncomfortably hot:
Barney sweltered in his doorman's uniform
- 1. an uncomfortably hot atmosphere:
the swelter of an August day
- v.be uncomfortably hot:
- Barney sweltered in his doorman's uniform
- n.an uncomfortably hot atmosphere:
- the swelter of the afternoon had cooled
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...therefore, tonight in Taiwan becomes a little cooler and no more sweltering. I positively think to fall asleep well all over the night. rain cats and...
...到) marks記號 分數 quartet四重唱 practiced練習 dirges輓歌 swelter出汗 miles英里 sidelines旁線 cast花費 perfume香水 sergeants...
fiery, flushed, burning, steaming, warm, tepid, sultry, torrid, sweltering, sizzling, boiling... 2013-05-20 21:29:35 補充： 火的; 火一般的; 燃燒般的