- propel the body through water by using the limbs, or (in the case of a fish or other aquatic animal) by using fins, tail, or other bodily movement；cross (a particular stretch of water) by swimming
- an act or period of swimming；a pool in a river that is a particularly good spot for fishing
verb: swim, 3rd person present: swims, gerund or present participle: swimming, past tense: swam, past participle: swum
noun: swim, plural noun: swims
- 1. propel the body through water by using the limbs, or (in the case of a fish or other aquatic animal) by using fins, tail, or other bodily movement they swam ashore he swims thirty lengths twice a week 同義詞
- ▪ cross (a particular stretch of water) by swimming she swam the Channel
- ▪ float on or at the surface of a liquid bubbles swam on the surface
- ▪ cause to float or move across water the Russians were able to swim their infantry carriers across
- 2. be immersed in or covered with liquid mashed potatoes swimming in gravy 同義詞
- 3. appear to reel or whirl before one's eyes Emily rubbed her eyes as the figures swam before her eyes
- ▪ experience a dizzily confusing sensation in one's head the drink made his head swim
- 1. an act or period of swimming we went for a swim in the river
- 2. a pool in a river that is a particularly good spot for fishing he landed two 5 lb chub from the same swim
I am going swimming tomorrow 和 I am going to swim tomorrow...所以你在書上看到的 I am going swimming tomorrow 其實是從 I am going to...
...小孩子都睡了。底下有很詳細的說明。Adult Swim, usually rendered [adult swim] on bumps...across the U.S. to promote the Adult Swim lineup, including handing out posters...
swim,verb, I can swim breaststroke, backstroke, and crawl. eg:-I can swim over him...-) eg:-ahead,adverb;ahead of=in advance of; eg:- My time in swimming is a second ahead of him., a more successful...