- hit or try to hit with a swinging blow；pass (a swipe card) through an electronic device designed to read and process the information encoded on it.
- a sweeping blow；an attack or criticism
verb: swipe, 3rd person present: swipes, gerund or present participle: swiping, past tense: swiped, past participle: swiped
noun: swipe, plural noun: swipes
- 1. hit or try to hit with a swinging blow she swiped me right across the nose Lola stood on the balcony, swiping at the moths 同義詞
- 2. pass (a swipe card) through an electronic device designed to read and process the information encoded on it.
- ▪ move (one's finger) across a touchscreen in order to activate a function simply swipe a finger across the phone's display screen to switch to another program swipe to the left on the main navigation page and you'll see a user login menu
- 3. informal steal someone swiped one of his sausages 同義詞
- 1. a sweeping blow he missed the ball with his first swipe
- ▪ an attack or criticism he took a swipe at his critics
- 2. an act or instance of moving one's finger across a touchscreen to activate a function a swipe to the right archives or deletes the message