- feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune；the formal expression of pity or sorrow for someone else's misfortune
noun: sympathy, plural noun: sympathies
- 1. feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune they had great sympathy for the flood victims 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the formal expression of pity or sorrow for someone else's misfortune all Tony's friends joined in sending their sympathies to his widow Jean
- 2. understanding between people; common feeling the special sympathy between the two boys was obvious to all 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ support in the form of shared feelings or opinions his sympathies lay with his constituents 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ agreement with or approval of an opinion or aim; a favourable attitude I have some sympathy for this view
- ▪ relating harmoniously to something else; in keeping repairs had to be in sympathy with the original structure
- 3. the state or fact of responding in a way similar or corresponding to an action elsewhere the magnetic field oscillates in sympathy
- kind and attentive behaviour towards someone who is upset or in trouble
- feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune: they had great sympathy for the flood victims
Oxford American Dictionary
崔西你好:) Sympathy 意為同情,憐憫 此字常用於:見人遭受(身體或心理...了關懷之心,以及想要予以幫助的意志, 這便是所謂的Sympathy(同情)" 至於"Empathy&...
... tears , as her body convulsed in quiet sympathy to her fear of loss . 難啊，想了一下午，還是試一下，拋磚引「指正...
i take his sympathy to love 文法不太正確 應該說: I took his sympathy for love...sympathy as love 文法算正確 但是在國外是不會這麼用的 i esteem as his sympathy as love 文法不正確 字彙用法也不對 i accounted the sympathy to love...