- a trace of a bad or undesirable quality or substance；a thing whose influence or effect is perceived as contaminating or undesirable
- contaminate or pollute (something)；affect with a bad or undesirable quality
noun: taint, plural noun: taints
verb: taint, 3rd person present: taints, gerund or present participle: tainting, past tense: tainted, past participle: tainted
- 1. a trace of a bad or undesirable quality or substance the taint of corruption that adhered to the regime
- ▪ a thing whose influence or effect is perceived as contaminating or undesirable the taint that threatens to stain most of the company's other partners
- ▪ an unpleasant smell the lingering taint of creosote
- 1. contaminate or pollute (something) the air was tainted by fumes from the cars 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ affect with a bad or undesirable quality his administration was tainted by scandal 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of food or water) become contaminated or polluted the rennet should be soaked in water containing sufficient salt to keep it from tainting
- a trace of a bad or undesirable substance or quality: the lingering taint of creosote the taint of corruption which adhered to the government
- contaminate or pollute (something): the air was tainted by fumes from the cars
- the perineum.
- the perineum.
Oxford American Dictionary
tainted starch 或者poisoned starch 毒澱粉 tainted starch storm storm可數名詞有(政治, 社會等方面的)風暴, 大動盪之意
... government's failure to protect this country from Tainted Food imports. Congress ... them to identify importer's Tainted food, the letter urge private labs to discard violative...
... !! 歡迎光臨 Don't touch !! these milk products may be tainted by melamine! 不要碰!!這些 奶製品 遭到三聚氫胺汙染!! (melamine 是 三聚氫胺...