- 接受; 理解；欺騙
- 1. 接受; 理解 I tried my best to explain the matter to him, but he seemed unable to take in what I was saying. 我盡力向他解釋這件事, 但他似乎不能理解我的話。 They listen to my lecture, but how much did they take in, I wonder. 他們聽我的課但是我不清楚他們理解了多少。
- 2. 欺騙 I am afaid you have been taken in by the glib tongue of the salesman. 恐怕售貨員的花言巧語欺騙了你。 Don't trust that fellow; he'll take you in if he gets the chance. 別相信那傢伙, 他一有機會就會欺騙你的。
- 3. 改小, 改窄 The dress needs to be taken in a bit. 這洋裝需要稍微改小一點。
- 4. 提供住處 Many households in the neighborhood of the University add to their income by taking in students. 那所大學附近的許多住戶, 通過接待學生住宿, 以增加收入。
- 5. 參觀, 參加, 觀賞 The club took in a new member last week. 俱樂部上星期又吸收了一名新會員。
take in ph. (片語 phrase) 讓...進入;接受 The club took in a new member last week. 俱樂部上星期又...補充： 翻遍字典＆自己印象中都找不到take it in的意思 有take sth in及take sb in 下面...
Take in the Word to keep out the world. 茲修改如下: the Word 聖經 信仰...
take delivery in approximately equal monthly installments 以每月大約等量的方式，分期提貨...