- 承擔; 僱傭; 取得；接受(挑戰)
- 1. 承擔; 僱傭; 取得 He can't take on any new jobs at this time. He already has too much to do. 目前他不能承擔任何新的工作, 他手頭的活都做不完哩。 With this new explaination, his response takes on a new meaning. 經過這番新的解釋, 他的回答就有了新的含義。
- 2. 接受(挑戰) I'll take the work on, but I can't tell you exactly when I'll finish it. 我接受這項工作, 但是我不能確切地告訴你何時能完成。
- 3. (口)發火; 動怒 Don't take on so! 別這麼激動！
- 4. 具有; 呈現 The insect can take on the color of its surroundings. 這種昆蟲能隨環境而變色。
- 5. 【口】流行; 時髦; 受歡迎 The idea never really took on. 這一觀念一向不太得人心。
「承擔; 僱傭; 取得」的反義字
- 僱用某人; 聘用某人 take on new staff 僱用新員工 She was taken on as a graduate trainee. 她應聘為新畢業的實習生。
- 同情, 憐憫 He took pity on her and lent her the $50 she needed. 他很同情她, 借給了她所需要的五十美元。
- (不用於被動語態)呈現(某種性質、樣子等); 裝成某事物 He's taken on some irritating mannerisms. 他新添了些討人嫌的怪毛病。 The chameleon can take on the colours of its background. 避役可將身體顏色變得與周圍環境相同。
- 決定做某事; 承擔某事 take on extra work 承擔額外工作 She took on greater responsibilities when she was promoted. 她得到提升, 擔負了更大的責任。
- 承擔 That fellow takes too much on himself, anyone would think he was the manager. 那個人把太多的責任攬到自己身上, 任何人都會以為他是經理。 He took it on himself to cancel the contract without consulting any of his colleagues. 他不和任何同事商量, 就擅自取消了合同。
take on的意思只有兩個可以選 1.穿上;呈現 2.承擔 但take的解釋有近20種 應該是 有興趣,有好感
I think it is important to ban fires on days when the air is dirty. Because...not but emphasize the importance and to acclaim the policy which taking into practice. The issue is concerned...
... to voluntary work to enrich their life experiences. (A) take on (B) pick up (C) seek out (D) appeal to 正解: (A) take...