take sth. up
- 一起說(或唱、喊); 參加某事；接受某物
- 1. 一起說(或唱、喊); 參加某事 The whole crowd took up the cry: Long live the King!. 人們齊聲歡呼: “國王萬歲！” take up a chorus, refrain, song, etc. 一起合唱、唱副歌、唱歌等
- 2. 接受某物 take up a challenge 接受挑戰 She took up his offer of a drink. 他邀請她喝酒, 她也就接受了。
- 3. 採取(某種態度); 佔據(某位置) Our troops took up defensive positions on high ground overlooking the river. 我部隊在臨河高地上佔據了防禦陣地。
- 4. 開始從事(尤指職業) She has taken up a job as a teacher. 她當上教師了。 She takes up her duties next week. 她下週開始履行職責。
- 5. 接續講(中斷的或他人未講完的故事) She took up the narrative where John had left off. 她接著講約翰未講完的故事。
- 6. 拿起; 舉起; 抬起; 提起 take up one's pen 拿起筆(寫字) The carpets had to be taken up when the house was rewired. 這房子重新安裝電線時, 把地毯都掀了起來。
- 7. 提出某事(以期商討) I'd like to take up the point you raised earlier. 我想把你曾提過的問題提出來討論一下。
- 8. 吸收(液體) Blotting-paper takes up ink. 吸墨紙能吸墨水。
- 9. 將(衣服、簾幕等)改短 This skirt will need taking up. 這條裙子需要改短。
- 10. 以...作為愛好(或消遣) take up gardening, golf, yoga 以園藝、打高爾夫球、瑜珈作消遣 She has taken up the oboe. 她學起雙簧管來了。
take sth up (with sb) http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/take-sth-up_3#take-sth-up_3__2 to discuss something or deal with something The school took the matter...
...受詞的動詞片語，皆以三種型式呈現: e.g. give up, pick up, take up...,etc 1. take sth up 2. take up sth 3. take 代名詞 up 4. take up 代名詞 (X) 故just give up...
...取出 take part in參與 take place發生 take turns輪流 take up攻讀、佔據空間 take sth up with sb.諮商 look after照顧 look at看 look down on輕視 look for尋找 look forward to...