- 1. 吃驚，出乎意料 I was taken aback when my daughter announced that she was going to marry Tom. 當我女兒宣佈她將與湯姆結婚時，我大吃一驚。
- 2. 【海】逆風航行
- 發病 She was taken bad during the night. 她是夜裡發病的。
- 被騙 If you trust him, you will certainly be taken in. 倘若你相信他, 你就一定會受欺騙的。
- 被某人/某事物吸引; 對某人/某事物感興趣 We were all very taken with her. 我們都被她吸引住了。 I think he's rather taken with the idea. 我認為他對那個想法挺感興趣。
- 預留的 excuse me, but is this seat taken? 對不起，請問這個座位有人嗎？
- 時間和精力多用於某人/某事物上 She's very taken up with voluntary work at the moment. 她目前大部分時間和精力都用在志願工作上了。
- 被騙 He was taken in by the fake insurance salesman. 他上了冒牌保險業務員的當。
take vt. (及物動詞 transitive verb) 1. 拿,取;握,抱 She took his outstretched hand. 她握住他伸出...吸入,吸收 People in this locality used to take two meals a day. 這兒的居民過去每天吃兩餐...
take a bath 洗澡 She is taking a bath. 她正在洗澡。 take a rest / take a break 休息一下...look at my pictures? 你要看看我的照片嗎？ take a pride in 以...自豪 She took great pride in...
take off(...) 1. (從…)拿掉,移去 2. 脫去(帽子、鞋等) 3. 截斷(四肢) 4. (從...