- a current score or amount；a record of a score or amount
- agree or correspond；calculate the total number of
verb: tally, 3rd person present: tallies, gerund or present participle: tallying, past tense: tallied, past participle: tallied
noun: tally, plural noun: tallies
- 1. a current score or amount that takes his tally to 10 goals in 10 games 同義詞
- ▪ a record of a score or amount I kept a tally of David's debt on a note above my desk 同義詞
- ▪ a particular number taken as a group or unit to facilitate counting.
- ▪ a mark registering a number or amount.
- ▪ an account kept by means of a tally.
- 2. historical a piece of wood scored across with notches for the items of an account and then split into halves, each party keeping one.
- 3. archaic a counterpart or duplicate of something the key is so cut as to form a tally with the interior machinery 同義詞
- 4. a label giving information about a plant or tree.
- 1. agree or correspond their signatures should tally with their names on the register their books never tallied 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. calculate the total number of the votes were being tallied with abacuses 同義詞
- a huntsman's cry to the hounds on sighting a fox.
- a cry of ‘tally-ho’: with a final tally-ho, they began wading forward
- utter a cry of ‘tally-ho’.
- a fast method of sheep shearing that allows a higher number of sheep to be processed in a given ... on the fifth day of shearing all the shearers were using tally-hi a tally-hi coaching class
- a place where votes are counted in an election: we'll cross live to the tally room for updates
- a system of selling goods on short-term credit or an instalment plan.
- a current score or amount: that takes his tally to 10 goals in 10 games
- agree or correspond: their signatures should tally with their names on the register
Oxford American Dictionary
... believed to have originated from the tally sticks used by Italian shepherds... believed to have originated from the tally sticks 簡單句：主部＋述部 used by ...
帳料相符 意指庫存原料與帳目一致 故可譯為：The inventory tallied with the accounts. tallied原型動詞為tally 兼具「清點、計算」與「符合」之意