- diminish or reduce in thickness toward one end；gradually lessen
- a slender candle；a wick coated with wax, used for conveying a flame.
noun: taper, plural noun: tapers
- 1. diminish or reduce in thickness toward one end the tail tapers to a rounded tip David asked my dressmaker to taper his trousers 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ gradually lessen the impact of the dollar's depreciation started to taper off 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. a slender candle he lit the tapers in the silver candelabra
- ▪ a wick coated with wax, used for conveying a flame.
- 2. a gradual narrowing the current industry standard taper of 5 degrees
- ▪ a gradual or incremental reduction with the taper in training, athletes can feel less hungry