- report another's wrongdoing；gossip idly.
- gossip; idle talk.
verb: tattle, 3rd person present: tattles, gerund or present participle: tattling, past tense: tattled, past participle: tattled
- 1. report another's wrongdoing he never tattled or told tales I would tattle on her whenever I had hard evidence 同義詞
- ▪ gossip idly. 同義詞
- 1. gossip; idle talk.
- idle talk; gossip: she would never listen to tittle-tattle about another girl
- engage in gossip or idle talk.
Oxford American Dictionary
- casual conversation about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as ... she would never listen to tittle-tattle about another girl
- engage in casual conversation about other people.
- gossip idly: according to some tattling sources, he never quite gave her up
- gossip; idle talk: for each story of mine, a titbit of town tattle must be exchanged