- make fun of or attempt to provoke (a person or animal) in a playful way；tempt (someone) sexually with no intention of satisfying the desire aroused
verb: tease, 3rd person present: teases, gerund or present participle: teasing, past tense: teased, past participle: teased
- 1. make fun of or attempt to provoke (a person or animal) in a playful way she was just teasing Brenda teased her father about the powerboat that he bought but seldom used
- ▪ tempt (someone) sexually with no intention of satisfying the desire aroused she had thrown herself at him and teased him
- 2. gently pull or comb (tangled wool, hair, etc.) into separate strands she was teasing out the curls into her usual hairstyle
- ▪ North American comb (hair) in the reverse direction of its natural growth in order to make it appear fuller her hair is teased into spikes her teased bottle-blonde hair
- ▪ archaic comb (the surface of woven cloth) to raise a nap.