- entice or attempt to entice (someone) to do or acquire something that they find attractive but know to be wrong or not beneficial；have an urge or inclination to do something
verb: tempt, 3rd person present: tempts, gerund or present participle: tempting, past tense: tempted, past participle: tempted
- 1. entice or attempt to entice (someone) to do or acquire something that they find attractive but know to be wrong or not beneficial there'll always be someone tempted by the rich pickings of poaching jobs that involve entertaining may tempt you to drink more than you intend 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ have an urge or inclination to do something I was tempted to look at my watch, but didn't dare
- ▪ attract; allure he was tempted out of retirement to save the team
- ▪ risk provoking (a deity or abstract force), usually with undesirable consequences how is it that ye have agreed together, to tempt the Spirit of the Lord?
attemp tempt 及物動詞 ex. The price is so tempting. 這價位真是誘人 This movie is so good, it's tempting me to watch it again. 這電影實在太棒了, 它吸引我再從看一次 tempt...
.... 一旦那股票到達一個價數，他們開始有系統的抛售自己的股份。 9. tempting array (noun) 誘人的陣仗 They put out such tempting array of delicious...
...2. The intense competition means that some airlines may be tempted to promise more than they can deliver. 動詞不能改成 may tempt to... 減化一些來看...