- a word or phrase used to describe a thing or to express a concept, especially in a particular kind of language or branch of study；language used on a particular occasion; a way of expressing oneself
- give a descriptive name to; call by a specified name
noun: term, plural noun: terms
- 1. a word or phrase used to describe a thing or to express a concept, especially in a particular kind of language or branch of study:
the musical term “leitmotiv”
a term of abuse
- 2. language used on a particular occasion; a way of expressing oneself:
a protest in the strongest possible terms
- 3. a word or words that may be the subject or predicate of a proposition.
- 4. a fixed or limited period for which something, e.g., office, imprisonment, or investment, lasts or is intended to last:
the President is elected for a single four-year term
- 5. the completion of a normal length of pregnancy:
the pregnancy went to full term
low birthweight at term
- 6. a tenancy of a fixed period.
- 7. the duration of a person's life.
- 8. a boundary or limit, especially of time.
- 9. each of the periods in the year, alternating with holidays or vacations, during which instruction is given in a school, college, or university, or during which a court holds sessions:
the summer term
term starts tomorrow
- 10. conditions under which an action may be undertaken or agreement reached; stipulated or agreed-upon requirements:
he could only be dealt with on his own terms
the union and the company agreed upon the contract's terms
- 11. conditions with regard to payment for something; stated charges:
loans on favorable terms
- 12. agreed conditions under which a war or other dispute is brought to an end:
the United States played a key role in prodding the two sides to come to terms
- 13. each of the quantities in a ratio, series, or mathematical expression.
- 14. another term for terminus
- 1. give a descriptive name to; call by a specified name:
he has been termed the father of modern theology
long term longitudinal study >> 或可翻譯為"長期觀察同一族群(或人們)的研究... 82 years of age! 2009-02-06 21:14:43 補充： 所以說 (long-term) longitudinal study 裡的 long-term 可以省略, 不然會有重覆之虞, 像我上面...
1) It's a very British term isn't it? --> 這是一個很道地的英式英語，是吧？ term在這裡是指「某...
contractual terms 合同條款，主要交易條件. 2012-07-16 19:25:42 補充： 合同=合約=契約 2012-07-16 19:29:42 補充： contractual terms算是片語嗎? 不算片語 term 是用語或條件的意思 合同條款(契約條款)指的是合同裡的條文，如果你簽約...