- the action of terminating something or the fact of being terminated；an induced abortion
noun: termination, plural noun: terminations
- 1. the action of terminating something or the fact of being terminated the termination of a contract 同義詞 ending, end, closing, close, conclusion, ... 更多反義詞 start, beginning
- ▪ an induced abortion for many conditions, a large proportion of people say they would not consider a termination 同義詞 abortion, rarefeticide
- ▪ North American an act of dismissing someone from employment workers were informed of the terminations on Wednesday
- ▪ North American an assassination.
- 2. a word's final syllable or letters or letter, especially when constituting an element in inflection or derivation.
- 3. archaic an ending or result of a specified kind a good result and a happy termination
- a lump sum, especially one received by a departing employee, which may be paid into an ... in this case, the amount is treated as an eligible termination payment
- the action of bringing something or coming to an end: the termination of a contract
Oxford American Dictionary