- a book or other written or printed work, regarded in terms of its content rather than its physical form；a piece of written or printed material regarded as conveying the authentic or primary form of a particular work
- send (someone) a text message
noun: text, plural noun: texts
- 1. a book or other written or printed work, regarded in terms of its content rather than its physical form a text which explores pain and grief 同義詞
- ▪ a piece of written or printed material regarded as conveying the authentic or primary form of a particular work in some passages it is difficult to establish the original text
- ▪ written or printed words, typically forming a connected piece of work stylistic features of journalistic text
- ▪ data in the form of words or alphabetic characters.
- 2. the main body of a book or other piece of writing, as distinct from other material such as notes, appendices, and illustrations the pictures are clear and relate well to the text 同義詞
- ▪ a script or libretto. 同義詞
- 3. a written work chosen or set as a subject of study too much concentration on set texts can turn pupils against reading
- ▪ a textbook an organic chemistry text 同義詞
- ▪ a passage from the Bible or other religious work, especially when used as the subject of a sermon. 同義詞
- ▪ a subject or theme for a discussion or exposition he took as his text the fact that Australia is paradise 同義詞
- 4. a text message just give us a call or send us a text
- 5. fine, large handwriting, used especially for manuscripts.
- 1. send (someone) a text message if she was going to go she would have texted us