the likes of
- 1. 【口】類似的人或物 He's a bit of a snob -- won't speak to the likes of me. 他這個人有點勢利－－不會和我這樣的人說話。
- 對有關...的所聞有好印象 I don't like the sound of that cough -- oughtn't you to see a doctor? 我覺得你的咳嗽聲有問題－－是不是該找醫生看看?
- 對有關...的所見有好印象 I like the look of your new assistant -- she should do very well. 我看你的新助手不錯－－她看樣子很能幹。
- 發現...的情況有異常; 看出...不對頭; 看出...其中有兇險 I don't like the look of the place. 我看這地方有問題。
- 【口】了如指掌; 了解透徹 He's a taxi driver, so he knows London like the back of his hand. 他是計程車司機, 對倫敦市的街道了如指掌。
...the country, it is a growing trend that has afforded the likes of Paul Deutsch a means of doing what he loves...
As well as adverts featuring the likes of Stephen Fry, actress Julie Walters and Harry...
( d )1.______I try to cook anything, it is never quite to the liking of _____ has to eat it. a.Whenever....whatever b.Whenever....whichever...