- at that time; at the time in question；after that; next; afterward
- 1. at that time; at the time in question:
I was living in Cairo then
Phoebe by then was exhausted
- 2. after that; next; afterward:
she won the first and then the second game
- 3. also; in addition:
I'm paid a generous salary, and then there's the money I've made at the races
- 4. in that case; therefore:
if you do what I tell you, then there's nothing to worry about
well, that's okay then
- 5. used at the end of a sentence to emphasize an inference being drawn:
so you're still here then
- 6. used to finish off a conversation:
see you in an hour then
then (TIME) [Show phonetics] adverb, adjective at that time (in the past or in the future) She was then sixteen years old. Soon the sun will go down, and then it will be time...
then 當副詞用: adv.1. At that time: I was still in school then. Come at noon; I'll be ready then.2...time or moment: The bus leaves at four; until then let's walk. then當形容詞用 :adj.Being so at that...
THEN is a speical adverb. you got to place it 1) in the end 2) and +then, 3), then, ......some restrictions apply....... http://tw.dictionary.yahoo.com/dictionary?p=then ad. 副詞那時, 當時He worked in that factory then. 他那時在那個...