- 厚的；粗的 How thick is the board? 這塊木板有多厚？
- 厚厚地；密集地 Don't spread jam that thick. 別把果醬塗得那麼厚。
- 厚的（粗的，密的）部分；最激烈的時候[the S][（+of）] They are in the thick of reforming the educational system. 他們正積極從事改革教育制度。
- 厚的; 粗的; 粗體的 a thick layer of snow 厚厚的一層雪 three inches/feet thick 3英寸／英尺厚
- 厚厚地 to lay it on thick 誇大其詞 the lies/insults were coming thick and fast 謊言／辱罵紛至沓來
- 厚的部分 the bullet had hit him in the thick of the leg 子彈射在他的大腿上 to be in the thick of sth. 在某事物最繁忙的時候
- 【口】笨頭笨腦 How can I have it into your thick skull that we can't afford a car? 我怎麼才能讓你木頭腦瓜開竅, 明白我們買不起汽車呢?
Blood is thicker than water 血濃於水 意指上陣父子兵，一家人畢竟是一家人...angry with his brother for a while, but blood is thicker than water, and in the end he forgave him...
Thick As Thieves 一丘之貉 Would it kill you to breathe easy? 呼吸...don't break easily 我不會輕易毀約 You got my council, thick as thieves 你有我的兄弟 如同一丘之貉 If there's a crime...
Her body runs red with thick strings of blood. 她的身體快速泛紅, 帶著一條條粗粗的血痕. turn red...