- having opposite surfaces or sides close together; of little thickness or depth；(of a garment or other knitted or woven item) made of light material for coolness or elegance
- with little thickness or depth
- make or become less dense, crowded, or numerous；remove some plants from (a row or area) to allow the others more room to grow
verb: thin, 3rd person present: thins, gerund or present participle: thinning, past tense: thinned, past participle: thinned
- 1. having opposite surfaces or sides close together; of little thickness or depth thin slices of bread 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a garment or other knitted or woven item) made of light material for coolness or elegance his thin jacket 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a garment) having had a considerable amount of fabric worn away our clothing was getting thin
- ▪ (of script or type) consisting of narrow lines tall, thin lettering 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. (of a person) having little, or too little, flesh or fat on their body she was painfully thin 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. having few parts or members relative to the area covered or filled; sparse a depressingly thin crowd his hair was going thin 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ not dense the thin cold air of the mountains 同義詞
- ▪ denoting a route on which the holds are small or scarce.
- 4. containing much liquid and not much solid substance thin soup 同義詞 反義詞
- 5. too weak to justify a result or effect; inadequate the evidence is rather thin 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a sound) faint and high-pitched a thin, reedy little voice 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a smile) weak and forced.
- 1. with little thickness or depth cut it as thin as possible thin-sliced ham
- 1. make or become less dense, crowded, or numerous the remorseless fire of archers thinned their ranks the trees began to thin out 同義詞
- ▪ remove some plants from (a row or area) to allow the others more room to grow thin out overwintered rows of peas
- ▪ make or become weaker or more watery if the soup is too thick, add a little water to thin it down the blood thins 同義詞
- 2. make or become smaller in width or thickness their effect in thinning the ozone layer is probably slowing the global warming trend the trees have thinned and diminished in size
- 3. hit (a ball) above its center.
thin-haired = 毛髮稀疏 形容詞＋名詞＋ed =複合形容詞 poorly-dressed =穿著不...要加上連字號；但放在「主詞補語」的位置時，不加： She was a thin-haired girl. She used to be thin-haired. She was poorly...
thin 主要在說 「不厚、不寬」，單純講厚度、寬度。 slim 是「不厚、不寬、不肥」，強調好看。 當我們說一個女孩 thin， 講的是她很瘦。 而說女孩 slim 是苗條，含有美觀吸引人的意思。 同理...
...個字雖都有"瘦"的意思，但是在"瘦的程度"上有所不同： 1. thin (adj.) 瘦的 (a general word，意思是not fat，having a little fat on the body...