- a device controlling the flow of fuel or power to an engine；a throat, gullet, or windpipe.
- attack or kill (someone) by choking or strangling them；control (an engine or vehicle) with a throttle
verb: throttle, 3rd person present: throttles, gerund or present participle: throttling, past tense: throttled, past participle: throttled
noun: throttle, plural noun: throttles
- 1. a device controlling the flow of fuel or power to an engine the engines were at full throttle
- 2. archaic a throat, gullet, or windpipe.
- 1. attack or kill (someone) by choking or strangling them she was sorely tempted to throttle him international sanctions were then throttling the country's economy 同義詞
- 2. control (an engine or vehicle) with a throttle it has two engines that can be throttled
- ▪ reduce the power of an engine or vehicle by use of the throttle the pitch of the engine fell as the driver throttled back