- fastened or attached with string or similar cord；(of two or more notes) united by a tie and performed as one unbroken note.
- 1. fastened or attached with string or similar cord a neatly tied package
- ▪ (of two or more notes) united by a tie and performed as one unbroken note.
- 2. (of a game or contest) with both or more competitors or teams achieving the same score the first tied match in the league a tied vote
- 3. British (of a house) occupied subject to the tenant's working for its owner agricultural workers living in tied accommodation
- ▪ (of a pub) owned by a brewery and bound to supply the products produced or specified by that brewery tied houses now have guest beers
- ▪ (of aid or an international loan) given subject to the condition that it should be spent on goods or services from the donor or lender.