- IPA[ˌtīm ˈout]
- time for rest or recreation away from one's usual work or studies；a brief break in play in a game or sport
noun: time out, plural noun: timeouts
- 1. time for rest or recreation away from one's usual work or studies she is taking time out from her hectic tour
- ▪ a brief break in play in a game or sport he inadvertently called for a timeout with two seconds remaining
- ▪ an imposed temporary suspension of activities, especially the separation of a misbehaving child from one or more playmates as a disciplinary measure it's the third time this week he's been in time-out
- 2. a cancellation or cessation that automatically occurs when a predefined interval of time has passed without a certain event occurring.
這是英文成語～～ nine times out of 10=nine times out of ten＝ninety-nine times out of a hundred 「十之八九...
time-ins,time-outs, 指教育兒童的方法,剝奪小孩擁有自我活動的時間,如罰站幾分鐘(以時鐘計分... 打球計時 time-ins給予小孩擁有自我活動的時間,鼓勵好行為 time-outs剝奪小孩擁有自我活動的時間,懲罰壞行為 2007-07-26 17:19:56 補充： 參考 2007...
time out: 超時, 超過時間 value: 1.價值；重要性；益處。價格，所值；交換力。【數學...等級；【音樂】音的長短；【繪畫】明暗配合。 在這裡的value, 指的是數值, time out fail to get value : 超時而無法取得數值 一般在網路連線時都會有最長的連結時間...