- the choice, judgement, or control of when something should be done；a particular point or period of time when something happens
noun: timing, plural noun: timings
- 1. the choice, judgement, or control of when something should be done:
one of the secrets of cricket is good timing
- 2. a particular point or period of time when something happens:
the introduction of new signal timings
- 3. (in an internal combustion engine) the times when the valves open and close, and the time of the ignition spark, in relation to the movement of the piston in the cylinder.
1. By the time (when) he passed away, a mere ten... later = the time，所以是the time的同位語。都是名詞性質。 later...存在了。 2013-02-04 19:03:05 補充： the time he passed away是一個時間座標...
time這個字，當作是「次數」做解釋時，是可數的 ex: I saw him two times yesterday. 但是，做「時間」做解釋時，則是不可數的 ex: We don't have much time.
in jig time[美口]馬上, 迅速地 in (less than) no time (=in next to no time)轉眼工夫, 立刻 in one's own time (=on one's own good...摸不到頭腦, 真出乎我的意外。 (it is) about time是時刻了, 到...的時候了 (It is) high...