- work extremely hard or incessantly；move slowly and with difficulty
- exhausting physical labour
verb: toil, 3rd person present: toils, gerund or present participle: toiling, past tense: toiled, past participle: toiled
noun: toil, plural noun: toils
- 1. work extremely hard or incessantly we toiled away Richard toiled to build his editorial team 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ move slowly and with difficulty she began to toil up the cliff path 同義詞
- 1. exhausting physical labour a life of toil
- work extremely hard or incessantly: we toiled away Richard toiled to build his editorial team
- exhausting physical labor: a life of toil
Oxford American Dictionary
...二次大戰期間英國首相邱吉爾演講的一句話：I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat。當時是說，德國人要打來了，但國民啊，我沒有甚麼...
1. shaped by toil : 因辛勞作形 (因辛勞的工作而覺得疲勞) 2. ruind monuments : ruind 紀念碑...
...血淚與苦幹 淚與汗之外別無可以奉獻的 5 I have nothing to offer but blood,toil,tears,and,sweat. http://220.127.116.11/search?q=cache:hU8F1CjQGboJ:elearning...