- 1. 手電筒 to shine a torch on sb./sth. 用手電筒照某人／某物
- 2. 火炬 to be turned into a human torch 被燒成火人 to carry a torch for sb. 單戀某人
1. a portable battery-powered electric lamp
2. a portable means of illumination such as a piece of wood or cloth soaked in tallow and ignited, sometimes carried ceremonially
1. hand on (v.t.)原意是交出(文件)或是傳遞(文件)；後來引申為將傳統的事物或文化傳給後代所以這裡的用法應該無誤2. torch(n.)原意是火把或是火炬；這裡比喻文化或是知識的光3. hand down(v.t.)指將(習慣)或是(財產)傳遞給下一代
The Olympic torch arrived Monday in Oman amid tight security and...進口國家! Authorities have promised a trouble-free torch relay with a party-like atmosphere, including musical ...
The Torch Festival is celebrated in the southwestern...保護當地農夫的農作物. During the festival, very large torches,which are made from pine wood, are ...