- severe physical or mental suffering；a cause of severe suffering
- cause to experience severe mental or physical suffering；annoy or provoke in an unkind way
noun: torment, plural noun: torments
verb: torment, 3rd person present: torments, gerund or present participle: tormenting, past tense: tormented, past participle: tormented
- 1. severe physical or mental suffering their deaths have left both families in torment 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a cause of severe suffering the journey must have been a torment for them 同義詞
- 1. cause to experience severe mental or physical suffering he was tormented by jealousy 同義詞
- ▪ annoy or provoke in an unkind way every day I have kids tormenting me because they know I live alone 同義詞 反義詞
- severe physical or mental suffering: their deaths have left both families in torment
- cause to experience severe mental or physical suffering: he was tormented by jealousy
Oxford American Dictionary
你講的沒錯，不過可以更簡單一點。 其實這裡的as就是that，在口語上這兩個字是可以相通的。 as his parents were murdered整個子句就是受詞，所以可以直接將as翻成that，不過你用的the fact that，我認為也很好。 2008-11-04 10:30:17 補充： 這應該是蝙蝠俠的...
... be compelled. 愛情不能強求 Love is a sweet torment. 愛是一種甜蜜的折磨 The course of true love never did run smooth...
Life is the sum of torment, sorrow, sadness, and misery. (這些情緒名詞都可以是可數或不可數,你既然後面三個...