- the state of being strong enough to withstand adverse conditions or rough handling；the quality of being difficult to cut or chew
noun: toughness, plural noun: toughnesses
- 1. the state of being strong enough to withstand adverse conditions or rough handling the toughness of steel
- ▪ the quality of being difficult to cut or chew gristle contributes to the toughness of meat
- 2. the ability to deal with hardship or to cope in difficult situations they showed great mental toughness to keep going he lacks toughness and resolve
- ▪ the state of being difficult and requiring determination or effort I underestimated the toughness of the job the brutal toughness of the training
- 3. demonstration of a strict and uncompromising approach the toughness of the regime was legendary declarations of toughness on crime
- 4. the quality of being strong and prone to violence his reputation for toughness on the street they were known to file their teeth to show their toughness
- the state of being strong enough to withstand adverse conditions or rough handling: the toughness of steel
Summary Because traditional used "strength and toughness evaluation method of seismic resistance and protest of the" structures of seismic...
若是『名詞』 不受拘束-freedom 自由-liberty 硬挺風格-style of toughness 拘束-restraint 硬挺-toughness 『形容詞』 不受拘束-freedom 自由-free 拘束...
1) Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one. 心智韌性 對於身體 就像...