- in the direction of；getting closer to achieving (a goal)
- going on; in progress
- 1. in the direction of:
I walked toward the front door
- 2. getting closer to achieving (a goal):
an irresistible move toward freedom
- 3. close or closer to (a particular time):
toward the end of April
- 4. as regards; in relation to:
he was warm and tender toward her
our attitude toward death
- 5. contributing to the cost of (something):
the council provided a grant toward the cost of new buses
- 1. going on; in progress:
is something new toward?
ph. incline or be partial to (a view or position)
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
- prep.variant of towards
- adj.going on; in progress:
- is something new toward?
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
to有很多種意思和詞性,toward(s)是介系詞 to如果是介系詞時和toward(s)同義,是朝…方向...wrong to steal.偷竊是錯的. Leave the door almost to close. 至於toward和towards意思是一樣的, 只是加s的是英式用法. walking toward...
Incremental or tending toward relatively small changes. "力量的增長和進步都源自於微小的改變"...加強語氣的效果 1. toward有"對於...某事"的解釋, 例:Slouching toward my math textbook==>對數學課本沒興趣 2.toward有"向...某方面"...
中文翻譯: 我對學校和生活有一種積極的態度 句中兩個 toward皆是prep. (介係詞 preposition) 指對於 toward prep.(介係詞 preposition) 1. 向,朝...