- in the direction of；getting closer to achieving (a goal)
- going on; in progress
- 1. in the direction of I walked toward the front door 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ getting closer to achieving (a goal) an irresistible move toward freedom 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ close or closer to (a particular time) toward the end of April 同義詞
- 2. as regards; in relation to he was warm and tender toward her our attitude toward death 同義詞
- 3. contributing to the cost of (something) the council provided a grant toward the cost of new buses 同義詞
- 1. archaic going on; in progress is something new toward?
- variant of towards
- going on; in progress: is something new toward?