- a piece of thick absorbent cloth or paper used for drying oneself or wiping things dry；a sanitary towel.
- wipe or dry with a towel；thrash or beat (someone)
noun: towel, plural noun: towels
verb: towel, 3rd person present: towels, gerund or present participle: towelling, past tense: towelled, past participle: towelled
- 1. a piece of thick absorbent cloth or paper used for drying oneself or wiping things dry a bath towel a paper towel
- 2. British a sanitary towel.
- 1. wipe or dry with a towel she towelled her hair dry
- 2. Australian/NZ informal thrash or beat (someone) they've dragged her off the bus and towelled her up